Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Oil, for cooking
- 2 tbsp Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Heat a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add a splash of oil and the Thai curry paste and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant.
Add the onion and celery and cook in the paste for 5 minutes.
Add sweet potato, and season with the salt and pepper. Then add the stock to the saucepan, increase the heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender. Purée the soup and strain into a clean saucepan.
Whisk in the coconut milk, season with salt and pepper and bring back up to the heat.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.