Best Ever Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- 2 whole Arnold’s butternut pumpkins (buy them already cut in half)
- 2 Arnold’s brown onions, skin on
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt, pepper
- 4 cups (875ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) single (pouring) cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sour cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, along with the onion on a baking tray. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 55–60 minutes or until the pumpkin is just soft and starting to brown.
Scoop the pumpkin flesh out of its skin into a blender. Scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender. Add the chicken stock and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a saucepan, add the remaining stock, the cream and honey. Place over medium heat until the soup is heated through. Serve with sour cream.