- 1.25kg potatoes
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (185 ml) thickened heavy cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves ,
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups (200g) shredded cheese ,
- 1 cup (100g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except mozzarella. Mix.
- Pour into a 3 litre baking dish
- Cover with foil. Bake 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil, sprinkle over mozzarella cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving, garnished with extra theme leaves if desired.