Sweet Corn Fritters
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 125g (1/2 cup) fresh ricotta
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2-3 corn cobs)
- 2 cups (about 250g) zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbs olive oil
Whisk together the milk, eggs and ricotta in a bowl. Gradually add the flour, whisking constantly, until a smooth batter forms. Stir in the corn, zucchini, capsicum and chives. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Spoon 3/4 cup quantities of the corn mixture into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 5 more batches, with the remaining oil and corn mixture, reheating the pan between batches.
Serve the fritters warm or cold with a dollop of mango chutney or make a combination of sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
You'll need 2 large sweet corn cobs for this recipe.
You can make smaller bite-sized fritters and top with curls of smoked salmon as a great nibble or starter.